This one brings back a lot of memories of barbecues and picnics growing up.
When I was young, this dressing was almost always on the menu at big family occasions. So creamy and smooth, you are going to love this one.
In the 70s, my mom put together a book of family recipes, some of which date back to the early 19th Century. This is from that book. I’ve love sharing it with my friends and family over the years and now hopefully you will too.
If you’re looking for something a little more exciting than your standard vinaigrette, this is definitely one to try.
I love the flavour of the tarragon vinegar mixed with all the other ingredients. This isn’t one for dieters but if you’re watching the calories, this dressing is a good reason to break your diet, if only for a day.
Be sure to top it off with some nice chopped fried bacon. You’ll be glad you did.
- 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125ml) sour cream
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 3 spring onions - roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic - smashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley (about a cup will do)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until you have a creamy dressing.
- Chill for about an hour before serving.