This dish is proof that you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make a fantastic Italian meal. What’s more, Italian n-duja salami sausage pasta sauce takes no time at all to prepare. Make it for your friends and/or family though and they will think you’re a master chef who has been slaving away at the stove for hours.
This sauce has such an amazing flavour. D-duja soft salami is both smoky and spicy. The famous salami really does all the work.
The first time I made it I was told to use about 300g n’duja for this recipe but I now use twice that much. It’s that good.
N-duja pasta sauce is best served with fresh pasta. You can read my homemade pasta recipe here.
I tried a similar sauce while on holiday in Italy. Fresh pasta was tossed in the hot sauce and then piled onto warm plates. The Chianti was flowing that evening. I recommend finding a couple of nice bottles to go with your meal and you will be in Italian food heaven.
I don’t like serving the pasta smothered in sauce so I usually have a little left over. If you do too, it keeps in the fridge well and works wonders for that afternoon Italian food craving.
- 300 - 600g n'duja salami (The more you use the spicier it will be)
- 500g fresh pasta (or good quality dry pasta) cooked al dente
- 1200ml chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan - grated or sliced thin for serving.
- Cook your pasta to your preferred doneness and toss in oil or butter.
- Heat a large pan and fry the n'duja salami over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Add you chopped onions and continue cooking until the onions are translucent and soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Now pour in the chopped tomatoes and stir it all up.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your cooked pasta to the sauce and toss a few times until well coated.
- Serve on warmed plates topped with fresh Parmesan.