This minced pork pasta recipe recipe is wonderfully inexpensive and very simple to make. It has the extra bonus of being relatively healthy as most minced pork contains less that 5% fat.
Feel free to omit the cream and add a tin of tomatoes if you want to reduce the calories in my ground pork pasta recipe.
Make the recipe your own:
I used tinned anchovies but if you like the taste of the fresh, salted ones go ahead and use those. You can also used tinned tomatoes instead of passata if you have those to hand. This recipe can really be altered to suit what you have in the store cupboard. I had minced pork to hand but it could just as easily be made with minced beef or lamb.
If you enjoy the lovely meal try these other similar ones:
Add the sage and anchovies
If you like this recipe, you might like to try some of these too…
- 300 g Dried Pasta - any shape will do
- 2 Tbsn Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 500 g ( 20 oz ) Minced Pork
- 7 chopped Anchovies from tin
- Handful of fresh sage
- 500 ml ( 2 cups ) Passata
- 150 ml ( 1/2 cup ) single cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 300 g ( 10 oz ) Dried Pasta
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt and when boiling add the pasta. Boil until cooked to your liking.
- While the pasta is cooking put the olive oil in another large pan and warm gently for a minute. Fry the onions and garlic on a low heat for 2 minutes then add the pork to brown it.
- When the pork is browned add the sage and anchovies and mix in well.
- Pour in the passata and stir well and cook for simmer gently for around 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook on low heat for a further few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the pasta and cover with grated Parmasan.