If only making dosas could be as easy as making the chutneys to go with them. This is one easy recipe. Red chilli chutney goes great with dosas but it can also be used as a dip or smothered over a burger. The possibilities are endless.
If you are a chilli and garlic fan, this is definitely one to try. I have another version of this recipe but you’re just going to have to wait for this one. I decided to show you this one first because it’s my all time favourite dosa chutney.
Be sure to blend the ingredients until you have a nice smooth paste. There’s no point rushing. Those chana dhal lentils can be a bit crunchy if not blended well.
If you’d like to try my dosa recipe, just click here. They aren’t as easy to make but worth the effort.
- 2 tablespoons roasted chana dal
- 5 cloves garlic - peeled and smashed
- 4 dry red chilies - soaked in warm water 30 minutes - more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped and soaked in water for ten minutes
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a small spice grinder.
- Add just enough water to blend into a paste. All done!
- This easy red chilli chutney will last in the fridge for up to three days covered in an air tight container.
- Spread it all over your dosas or if you can't take the heat, just dip your dosa into it.