This is a nice and easy salad recipe that can be enjoyed year round. There aren’t many ingredients but what there is goes so well together.
If you’ve got a mandolin, you’ll want to use it for the julienne carrots. It’s a lot faster. A good sharp knife will do the job though.
This is one I’m bringing to you with the help of my friends at Aldi UK. All of the ingredients can be found in your local Aldi supermarket. Once the salad is made, you can either serve it at room temperature or cold. This time of year I tend to serve it warm but in the summer months it can be prepared and stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
The great thing about this chickpea and carrot salad is that it is the excellent side dish for almost any meal. It goes just as well with a burger barbecue as it does an nice hot curry.
- 1 x 400ml tin of chickpeas - drained
- 2 carrots - finely and uniformly julienne cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic - smashed in their skin
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- A pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- When hot, throw in the smashed garlic cloves and let them sizzle in the oil for about 30 seconds.
- Now add the julienned carrots and fry for about two minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from the heat to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the garlic cloves and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of chilli powder if you like.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and squeeze the lemon juice over the top.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge to serve.
Disclaimer: Aldi UK is a sponsor of my blog. All of the ingredient used to produce this recipes were supplied by my local Aldi Supermarket. As always, the ingredients were spot on!