I find this the best broccoli salad recipe as no matter who I serve it to they seem to love it. It is even a great recipe for getting children to eat healthy raw vegetables I have found.
I add cranberries and pine nuts but I have also seen a similar broccoli salad recipe with added grated Cheddar cheese, That is an option but obviously adds calories when I am trying to keep this vegetable salad recipe more healthy.
I find this healthy broccoli salad goes well with a lot of food. It has quite a lot of flavor in it so I tend to serve with some grilled chicken or meat as the dressing gives flavor to the meat or fish.
Make the recipe your own:
This recipe for broccoli salad can be adapted to your own personal taste. If you don’t like pine nuts just miss them out or if the thought of cranberries in a salad doesn’t do it for you try adding another fruit like maybe pomegranate seeds.
One final great thing I have to mention about this great salad is that it can be made ahead of time. In fact, the broccoli must sit in the dressing for at least an hour to soften t he broccoli slightly. I often keep it in the refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours and this works perfectly.
If you enjoy this recipe some of my others:
- 500 g ( 1 Ib ) Broccoli Florets
- 100 g ( 1/2 Cup ) Pine Nuts
- 100 g ( 1/2 Cup ) Cup Red Onion, finely sliced
- 75 g ( 1/3 Cup ) Dried Cranberries
- For the dressing:
- 80 ml ( 1/3 Cup ) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Good pinch of Sea Salt
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients together and whisk well.
- Mix the dressing into the salad ingredients in the large bowl.