I’m asked often for gluten free recipes. I’m not on a gluten free diet so I don’t make many. Today I decided to make an exception.
I had some leftover dosa batter and decided to use it to create this gluten free double dosa burger.
When if comes to burgers, I’m usually quite a traditionalist. Hamburgers by definition need to be placed between two buns so this isn’t a hamburger. What it is, however is absolutely delicious.
I decided to make the dosas slightly thicker than normal which is not only easier but they helped keep all the juices in the sandwich and not on my hands and clothes.
If you are on a gluten free diet or you just love dosas like I do, this is definitely one to try.
The order I stacked the ingredients is important so stick to the recipe. If you need a good dosa recipe, just click here and make them slightly thicker.
If you like a bit of spice, be sure to add the optional red chilli chutney
- 2 x ⅓ lb ground beef patties - hand formed to the same size
- American mustard
- 300ml dosa batter
- 1 large dill pickle slice
- Red hot chilli chutney - Link above (optional)
- Heinz Ketchup
- 2 slices sharp Cheddar
- Form your patties so that they are the same size and slightly smaller than the dosas you are making so that you can wrap them around the patties when eating.
- Using a non-stick pan, make your dosa buns, slightly thicker than normal. The recipe link is above.
- Make two identical sized fat dosas and keep warm.
- Sear your beef patties in a very hot pan until nicely charred and then flip.
- Top with the cheese and cook to medium rare (about 54c)
- Squirt the bottom dosa with the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Top with the two cheese burger patties and spread the red chilli chutney over the top if using.
- Squirt a little ketchup on top of this and lay your dill pickle over the ketchup.
- Place the other dosa on top and serve.
The beef for this recipe was supplied to me by my friends at Farmer’s Choice. Top quality every time. You can visit their website here.