I think a delicious guacamole is what most people think about if Mexican food is mentioned. I just love this easy guacamole recipe as it is so simple and always goes down so well.
I have given approximate measurements for the ingredients of my easy guacamole recipe but really use less soured cream if you wish or even the reduced calorie soured cream that is widely available.
I list cheddar cheese but this easy guacamole recipe is also great made with Monterey Jack cheese so use whatever you have to hand.
I always like to serve my home made guacamole in the mortar in which the avacaodos are mashed with the pestle but that is not imperative, I just think it looks nice!
One great tip is you want to make this easy guacamole recipe a few hours in advance: Leave the stone in the dish while you store it and this goes a long way to help prevent the guacamole discoloring.
Also add plenty of lime juice if you aren’t eating it for a few hours, maybe a little more than the recipe calls for as this has the same effect.
If you enjoy this recipe try my other Mexican salsas:
Easy tomatillo and dried chilli salsa recipe
Easy salsa recipe
Clam dip recipe – Californian style
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 3 Avacados
- 125 ml ( 1 Cup ) Soured Cream
- 200 g ( 1 Cup ) Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Green Chillies
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Cilantro ( Coriander to garnish )
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Smash the avacados in a pestle and mortar until all the large lumps have gone.
- Transfer the smashed avacado to a mixing bowl so there is more room to mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the remaining to the avacados in the bowl and mix well
- Transfer back to the mortar to serve and garnish with cilantro ( coriander )